Friday, August 20, 2010

Tired

Definitely tired this morning.  I think I need to make my bedtime 10pm sharp, so that means getting ready for bed about 9:30 so I can actually turn out the lights at 10.  That’s probably not always going to be possible, but I’d like to do that wherever possible.  My routine is to get up at 6:30 Mon-Fri regardless of what time my first class starts (Mon-Wed that’s 9am, Thurs is 11am and Fri is 10:30 am). Saturdays I’m planning to be up by 8am and not that much different with Sundays.  Even if I don’t have great gobs of studying to do on Saturdays, I will need to get up relative early anyway given the medication I’ll be on after the 31st.  If I’m on Vyvanse again (and I seriously hope so) I can’t take my medication if I’m going to be awake less than 12-14 hours from the time I get up. So I’ll be taking medication Mon-Saturday and do my best not to take medication on Sundays just to give myself a med break – plus I want the ability to sleep in.  When I’m on Vyvanse I can’t sleep in.  In other med news, I think I’ve finally accepted that with the exception of any possible pregnancies in the future, I’ll be on medication for the rest of my life.  Having tried to get through the first week of law school without meds, I have a better appreciation of why meds are so necessary.

In other news, I’ve become a twitter fiend in the last two days.  I’m constantly there, updating my twitter feed and following that of others, mostly celebrities.  The biggest celebrity I’m following is Joey Fatone.  I found his first single last weekend and fell in love with it.  I’ve listened to it over and over again and I now know all the words.  I can’t wait for his cd to come out and I’m hoping he tours and ends up somewhere in the area..  I’d love to go see him in concert.  I suspect he’d be great in concert.  Really, he’d only need to come to the Rockford or Chicago area and I’d be able to go.

I’m debating going to see my family in October.  I’ll be well into the semester and hopefully I can drive up on a Friday afternoon and drive back Sunday after church.  I’d like to do it the weekend of Ward Conference so that I can see the Nelsons too, so I’ll ask my mom what weekend that is.  I’m not sure it’ll be possible, but I’d certainly like to. What weekend Ward Conference is will determine the feasibility of going to see my parents.  As I’m writing this, it’s interesting that I’m avoiding using the word “home” to describe my parent’s house.  It’s home and yet it’s not anymore.  In a very real sense, my apartment is home now.  Having looked at the Badger football schedule, the game on the 16th of October against Ohio State is on ESPN or ESPN2 – channels I don’t get.  So long as I can swing it, that’ll be the weekend I go see my folks.  Plus, it puts a decent amount of time before I’m there again over Thanksgiving. I definitely want to be able to watch that game, and it’s not likely going to be on espn3.com and I REALLY want to see the game.

It’s strange.  As annoying and frustrating as I’m finding parts of law school and living on my own, I don’t think I’ve ever been happier.  I’m sure part of that is knowing that I’m exactly where I’m supposed to be. 

No comments: