Well, today starts my first day as a law student. Woo hoo! It’s finally here. It’s hard to believe that I’m a law student now. In order to help myself not skip class, I’m going to do my best to think of law school as a job with only a set amount of PTO. That should help me not skip classes. That’s important given that in law school, there are serious consequences for skipping class – the kind of consequences I didn’t have as an undergraduate.
In other news, I scheduled my doctor appointment for meds. It’s on August 31st at 5pm. I need to decide if I’m going to drive to class that day or take the bus. Mostly I need to look at the bus schedule and see if the bus is feasible as I want time to head back to my apartment and drop of my computer and books before heading up to Beloit.
Overall I have a nice class schedule. It certainly could be worse (and I definitely had worse as an undergrad!)
Monday: Contracts from 9-9:50 ; Criminal Law from 10:30-11:45 ; Basic Legal Research from 1-1:50 ; Legal Writing & Advocacy from 2-2:50
Tuesday: Contracts from 9-9:50 ; Criminal Law from 10:30-11:45 ; Torts from 1-1:50 ; Legal Writing & Advocacy from 2-2:50
Wednesday: Contracts from 9-9:50 ; Civil Procedure from 1-1:50 ; Basic Legal Research from 3-3:50
Thursday: Criminal Law from 11-11:50 ; Torts from 1-2:15
Friday: Torts from 10:30-11:45 ; Civil Procedure from 1-1:50
Overall it’s not a bad schedule by any means. It also means that on any day other than Wednesday, I can make a 5pm pdoc visit in Beloit without too much trouble. That last part is something I’m very grateful for! I’ve decided that I’m going to do my best not to study at all on Sundays. The rest of the week I’m still trying to set up a routine of sorts. I’ve decided that even on Thursdays and Fridays when I don’t have an early class (well, early is relative), I’m still going to get up at 6:30 to keep that routine.
No comments:
Post a Comment