Friday, September 24, 2010

Little While

It occurred to me this morning that it’s been a little while since I last wrote in here.  My only defense is that I’ve been on the busy side.  I’ve gotta be better about writing though, given that life’s about to start going faster.  Anyway, I slept like crap last night. While my mind says I didn’t get any sleep, that I was awake from 11:30-3:30 I know intellectually that’s likely not true.  If it were true, I’d be dead on my feet right now, even with the Vyvanse I took this morning.  I ended up getting up about 3:30.  I took my iPod into the living room and picked out a movie to watch/fall asleep to. I also set an alarm on my iPod so that I’d be up in time if I did fall asleep. I ended up putting in Something to Talk About (great movie – love it!).  I never did fall asleep, and ended up watching the movie nearly twice.  Eventually I got out my laptop when it became clear to me that I wasn’t going to fall asleep any time soon.

I’ve been reading a lot of JAG fan fiction lately from Legacies Archive.  It’s a great archive.  In the past, I’d only read stories longer than about 40,000 words as I’m someone who likes longer stories.  However I’ve been reading the ones between 10,000 and 40,000.  I’m not reading the ones under 10,000 words mostly because I’ve never been a fan of a short story of vignette.  In any case, I’ve found some great stories between 10,000 and 40,000 words, along with discovering that they added some new stories back in April. 

Let’s see…what else is going on?  I had my med check this week.  For the time being, we’re going to stick with the Vyvanse, and play with the dose some.  I was getting headaches, so we’re trying 40mg again.  If the headaches stop, then I’m to stay at 40mg.  If the headaches continue, she wants me to go up to 60mg. The reason being is that my headaches can be caused by any number of things, including the other thing I now have medication for.  My pdoc suspects I’m suffering from some kind of anxiety, given all the changes in my life.  She likened anxiety to the temperature gauge in a car.  In a car, we don’t usually pay much attention to it until it hits the red, at which point we turn off the car and take it in to get  fixed. Anxiety apparently is the same way.  It’s good for us until we hit that red zone, at which point we need to do something about it.  She also thinks the anxiety may be interfering with how welll the Vyvanse is working, in addition to the anxiety possibly causing the headaches.  So once I finish playing with the dosage of the Vyvanse, I’m to start 50 mg of generic Zoloft.    On a related front, I discovered yesterday that the Schnuck’s pharmacy here in town takes Dean Insurance :) So I’ll get my prescriptions  filled there from now on and when I need a refill of the Zoloft, I’ll get it transferred over. 

My next appointment is the first week of November, since my pdoc will be out of the office for two weeks in October.  It’s Tuesday November 2nd, again at 4:30.  For now while there’s no snow flying, Tuesdays at 4:30 seem to work well.  Of course, that schedule will go out the window come second semester, between a new class schedule and snow.

I also have my first mid-term next week.  It’s in my torts class, so I’m not too concerned.  I do need to do an outline and generally study for it but I’m really not too concerned.  I just need to memorize the legal definitions of the intentional torts and the defenses.  I know the difference between them, but I definitely don’t have the elements memorized for all of them.

3 weeks from today I’ll be headed up to see my parents for the weekend.  I’m definitely looking forward to that and I’m looking forward to going to church with my mom.

No comments: