Wednesday, February 5, 2014

I’m Back

With the demise of OpenDiary, I’ve decided I need to start writing again. Of course, it’s not like I’ve been writing over at OpenDiary lately either. But I’ve come to the conclusion that I really need the outlet that writing provides. Since I last wrote here, I graduated law school (cum laude) and passed the bar exam. Unfortunately, I am still unemployed.

In September 2012, my parents bought a new golden retriever puppy, much to my complete shock. Lexi is now 18 months old, 80 pounds and a definite handful. She’s much more aggressive and dominant than our other two goldens were at her age. And as I write this, Lexi is liking my computer and watching my mouse go across the screen. Sammie is still with us, though for how much longer is anyone’s guess. She’s had cancer for some time now (slow growing) and she’s coming up on 14 years old in April (ancient for golden retrievers).

This last Christmas was terrific, with Stephen (my brother) and his fiancé Christina here. He lives in Seattle these day while she is a med student in West Virginia. They were here for 10 days and it was terrific to spend time with them. It’s very possible that the next time the whole family is together is their wedding next year. It’s strange how the older I get, the more I look forward to seeing my siblings.

Though we’ve not had a ton of snow (unlike Chicago), we’ve been really cold this winter. All in all it’s been an ugly winter. I usually like winter but this year I’m beyond ready for Spring. Now Lexi, on the other hand, LOVES it outside. When it’s really cold we have to bribe her to come inside for her own good.

No comments: