Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Been nearly a year

Hard to believe it’s been nearly a year since I started the process of getting into law school.  It was the last week in October 2009, when I started thinking about law school again.  Since I’d graduated from college in December 2007, every few months I would think about whether I was ready and whether it was time.  I’d thought about it that summer, but at that point I wasn’t ready.  However, that fall I got the news I’d be transferring to Servicing.  So at the end of October, the thought of law school popped into my head and wouldn’t leave.  It got stronger as I started through my first week of training to be on the phones. I realized later that it was an answer to my prayers. That previous summer, things were in flux at work.  It was thought at the time that most of us would end up on the night teams in servicing (something like an noon-8 shift).  I definitely wanted no part of that.  But I trusted in the Lord and asked Him to see me through.  In any case, that first week of November I went out and got an LSAT book (ended up with a few over the course of November).  I spent a lot of November studying for the LSAT.  I took the LSAT the first week of December, and then December 28th, I got my LSAT score (the only reason I remember the actual date is that it was my parents' anniversary).  By the first week of January, I had my first round of applications off.  In mid-February, I was accepted to Florida Coastal School of Law.  It wasn’t my first choice, but it meant I was headed off to law school in the fall.  Due to issues with getting my second letter of recommendation into LSAC, my application at my top choice wasn’t complete until mid-February.  On March 5th, I was accepted into Northern Illinois University – my first choice. 

There was more I wanted to write, but I’m not sure what that was now. Oh well.

No comments: